Each participant is allowed to bring in
his/her own personal car OR to purchase a locally-assembled car without the need to pay import
duty, excise duty and sales tax.
Application to IMPORT a motorcar from the participant’s country of citizenship/last domicile must
be forwarded to the Ministry of Finance within a period of six months from the endorsement date of
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) social visit pass. The condition for such importation is that the
MM2H participant should be the owner of the motorcar prior to obtaining the MM2H visa, as evidenced
in the motorcar registration document.
Locally Assemble Car
An Application to PURCHASE a new motorcar made or assembled in Malaysia must be must be forwarded
to the Ministry of Finance within a period of one year from the endorsement date of Malaysia My
Second Home (MM2H) social visit pass.
1. Completed application forms with relevant documents which are submitted to Ministry of Finance
will be processed within 10 working days.
2. Do not make an outright purchase of the motorcar before obtaining approval for tax/duty
exemption from the Ministry of Finance. However, a booking for a motorcar may be made prior to
obtaining approval from the Treasury.
3. Importation or purchase of motorcar must be for personal use only and not for commercial
4. 'Personal Car' is referred
to a car which was purchased by participant before joining the MM2H programme.
5 Participants are only allowed to sell their imported/locally purchased car after 2 years' stay on
1. Bringing in Personal Car With
Duty / Tax Exemption
2. Bringing in Second Car
3. Selling Car that has been given Tax
4. Conversion of Foreign Driving
License to Malaysian Driving License
5. Application Form for Tax
Exemption (Personal Car)